One sweltering Saturday night in SoHo, V & I were at Cafe Noir, our usual haunt of that summer, mingling with the rowdy bunch that frequented the hoppin’ hub of nightlife. I joined V on the sidewalk to keep her company while she bummed a smoke, and in the midst of a fairly serious discussion on Fashion and the industry, we somehow found ourselves being solicited for fashion and styling advice. One man asked about a white tux (I tried not to shudder, I really tried) while another asked about his look in general (polo shirt, jeans). When I suggested the latter leave his white undershirt at home the next time he went out, he looked thoughtful, and nodded his head before disappearing across the street. A few minutes later he reappeared, striding back across the street, white undershirt in hand, and tossed it in the trashcan on the corner! I was aghast. But that’s New York — full of crazy, wonderful, decadent, and humble people. Teeming with life of all kinds. I love it.
Welcome to New York.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago