Stolen Says highlights the best of New York City from bar scenes to brunches. As fantastic and fun as all of that is, sometimes the best evenings are those spent in your own apartment with a couple of your closest friends, a bottle of wine, and delicious home-cooked meal.
This week’s Dinner w/Fifi & Himay is (drum roll, please): Jambalaya!
Mmm yes! Talk about your comfort food — Fifi really knows how to whip up a cure for that long long day on which anything and everything can and did go wrong. Now, this is another one of Fifi’s Secrets, but if I had to hazard a guess, I’d say there were a few shrimp, some bologna sausage, some chicken, and…some kind of dark, leafy green* (kale, probably — it is our favorite, after all). Served hot over rice!
I snapped a quick photo of Fifi’s recipe while her back was turned — but the joke was on me, because she managed to spice it up, flavor it, and do something extra while my back was turned. It was so scrumptious, but we’ll never know why.
You may be wondering about the tumbler in the cuisine photo. Fifi & Himay both went to undergrad at Dartmouth — so this is a little shout-out to all you Dartmouth alums out there.
On further consultation with Fifi this morning, there are no dark, leafy greens — rather, the green aspect includes bell peppers and celery. Also, she uses kielbasa, not bologna (minor details make all the difference). And there, you have a little insight into one of Fifi’s Secrets.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago