After our relaxing cool down at Caffé Vivaldi, L headed back to Brooklyn w/some other friends. AB & I, considering the rain that was still coming down, opted for Idle Hands, in the East Village.
Idle Hands is a really cool, divey, underground (literally) type bar. AB & I almost couldn’t find the entrance! I certainly never would have ventured down this hallway in hopes of finding a beverage to sooth my nerves:
But I’m glad I did. Dive though it is, Idle Hands is a great little place. And by little I mean, not really little at all. (Also, please bear in mind that we arrived at Idle Hands around 8:00 pm. Early bird special. Grammy & Gramps, basically. It was a long but fabulous day.)
Known for their whisky, we obtained a free shot and taste of it when I checked in on FourSquare! It was 4/16/2011, after all, and the official birthday/anniversary of FourSquare, so Idle Hands had a special. In addition to this, each person who checked in got to play a game of tic-tac-toe — the winner then was entered into a drawing for a free happy hour! So AB & I spent the next few minutes earnestly attempting to beat each other in a fervent game of our youth. Her adorable multi-colored nails distracted me, so I lost (that’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it).
If you find yourself in Alphabet City this weekend, you must pop into Idle Hands, just to say hello and taste some of their whisky. It’s a dive little underground place, but they have one of the widest selections of fine whisky you could imagine. (I think — I’m more of a gin person, myself. Don’t actually know much about scotch.)
Well, it looks fabulous, anyway. Have a fantastic weekend! Hope to see you at Idle Hands!
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago