Stolen Says highlights the best of New York City from bar scenes to brunches. As fantastic and fun as all of that is, sometimes the best evenings are those spent in your own apartment with a couple of your closest friends, a bottle of wine, and delicious home-cooked meal.
This week’s Dinner w/Fifi & Himay is (drum roll, please): Shrimp Scampi!
Last week, when we had Lentil burgers, it was a night that Fifi worked heinously late. But then, Fifi and I almost always work late, so…what exactly does that mean in context? Generally it means that I get to cook the main course and pawn the greens off on Himay (who does them better than anyone I know), and drink half a bottle of montepulciano d’abruzzo while we wait for Fifi to arrive. Last night was Fifi’s turn, so she left the office a little early — which still meant after 7 — so she could come home and help me drink the other half or the pinot grigio while she made shrimp scampi ( and Himay made the greens — spinach, this time).
Im not exactly sure what her concoction includes, but its shrimp, rice, and this mouth-watering buttery delectable reduction. Yum. Another one of Fifi’s Secrets is a huge success.
While I’m at this, let me give the credit where it’s due. I don’t know how he does it but Himay is truly a master of those dark leafy greens. He humbly claims to simply follow the steps that Fifi laid out for him, but something about the way he puts it all together renders kale, spinach, swiss chard, and watercress into a deliciously satisfying dose of green goodness.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago