You know those Dinners w/Fifi & Himay? They started about three years ago, in this quaint apartment about three blocks from where I currently live. How convenient it was to come home after a long day at the office, grab a bottle of wine, and trot on over to Fifi & Himay’s for a little commiseration and a few episodes of Friends! Well, all good things, right? They eventually tired of their “quaint” apartment with the cracked bathtub and neighbors who fried fish until the entire hallway reeked of it. So they moved. Was I devastated? A little. But they’re still close enough to easily have our weekly dinners, and this way we get to add our friend Nor to the mix — when she’s not studying for her master’s.
When you’re in your twenties and still up-and-coming in the world, there are a few steps to a move. First, co-erce your friends into helping. Second, buy them pizza and beer. And finally, throw a housewarming party! Fifi & Himay completed Steps One & Two a couple of months ago, but this past weekend, they finally got settled enough to fulfill Step Three. And what a fantastic party it was!
These are some of Fifi’s Famous Finger Foods — layered bean dip, crudités, spinach & artichoke dip, and there were some stuffed mushrooms and sage sausage balls (not pictured). Delicious! And to complement the hors d’oeuvres — a well-stocked bar. This is one dynamic duo that knows how to throw a heck of a party. Definitely having them help plan my next shindig!
Speaking of which…it’s Memorial Day Weekend! Half day at the office, rooftop bbqs, and a picnic in the park — sounds about right. What do you have planned for your extended weekend?
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago