Good Morning and Good Monday — I trust you all had a lovely weekend! It was rather rainy and dismal in New York this weekend, but I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of my friend JV’s move to New York City on Friday and that was enough sunshine to get me through to Monday. I love celebrating the fact that people live in New York, or perhaps more importantly, that people love living in New York. It’s a lovable city, though as you may discover, it’s not always the kindest mistress. More on that later. Suffice it to say, we had a fabulous time as usual, toasting to New York and what a fun and incredible city it is.
JV lives in Astoria (Queens), and so he chose a venue close to home — the Bohemian Hall Beer Garden. It’s not the only beer garden in New York, but it’s arguably the most famous. Founded in 1910, the Bohemian Hall Beer Garden provides good cheer and a great atmosphere in which a New Yorker can sit back, relax, and sip an ice-cold beer with friends in the outdoor garden. Sometimes they have live music, and sometimes they have children in lederhosen toddling around, but it’s always a good, fun crowd and a great time.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago