What is that thing I’m always saying? When you live in the city that never sleeps, it means that sometimes you don’t either. I’m sure I’m not the first person to have said that, but I feel like it’s become my mantra these days. The last couple of weeks have been a little stressful with a side of busy — hence the lack of posts last week. True, I did have an extended weekend for the 4th of July Holiday, but I spent a decent chunk of that extended weekend working. I won’t lie, working 2 jobs can result with a spread-really-thin Me. To quickly catch up, my Holiday weekend was spent, when I wasn’t working, revisiting my favorite places in the city with a few of my favorite people. Sunday brunch at Barbounia, directly followed by some more day drinking at The Penny Farthing, a picnic in central park (hosted by G and myself again), followed by a dessert & fireworks party on long island w/JK.
There. Now you know what I’ve been up to, and we can carry on. Considering most of recent activity has been moved from the To Be Blogged file to the Blogged file, I’m pulling a few things from the backlog of Stolen Says. Today: Ess-a-Bagel, on Third Avenue and 51st Street. I went there one Saturday morning when Pookie was visiting. I’ve no idea what it’s like during the week, but we waited for a good 30 minutes before we got up to the counter to order our bagels. They have all variety of sweet & savory treats, and a specialty range of cream cheeses and bagels (for which they are famous). Take a look:
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago