Stolen Says highlights the best of New York City from bar scenes to brunches. As fantastic and fun as all of that is, sometimes the best evenings are those spent in your own apartment with a couple of your closest friends, a bottle of wine, and delicious home-cooked meal.
This week’s Dinner w/Fifi & Himay is (drum roll, please): Baguette & Brie!!
So exciting, I know. Super complicated, too. I don’t know if I should even take the time to write out the recipe, because you probably won’t be able to do it — I myself almost called my grandmother for help from beyond the grave. It’s quite a process.
In all seriousness, this goes back to living in the city that never sleeps, which means — you guessed it — sometimes you don’t either. What goes hand-in-hand with that is the fast pace of life in the city sometimes leaves you no time to cook a decent meal, or no energy. So it was in this case. Fifi & I both worked super late, and were exhausted by the time we got home, so she & Himay ordered sushi, and I picked up a baguette and brie, and we continued our Harry Potter marathon (it releases in the States tonight at midnight! So we’ve been watching the entire series to keep it fresh in our heads).
Needless to say, it’s one of the easiest meals ever. Not totally well-rounded, but tasty, nonetheless.
I went vegan about halfway through the block of brie.
UPDATE: Fifi & Himay and I just purchased tix to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2! I’ve never been to the midnight showing of anything — so this will be a first for me. Anyone else excited to see the final installment of the Harry Potter Saga?
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 8 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 11 months ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 11 months ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago