One of those lazy days a couple of weekends ago while I was apartment/plant sitting for JK in Little Italy, I popped over to SoHo and met my friend Larry for a drink at the SoHo Grand (sister hotel to the TriBeCa Grand). Expansive and chic, Larry loves it there because it allows both casual attire (Larry & I both showed up in cutoff shorts & tee-shirt) and dogs — evident by the dog statues at the entrance and scattered throughout the lobby, lounge and presumably the rest of the hotel.
Larry claims he usually brings his companion Mike the Dog. I suppose I believe him, though I’ve yet to meet this famous Mike. This particular Saturday was a little too warm for Mike to make the trek from their home in Chelsea, so it was just Larry and me, sitting next to a taxidermied albino peacock in a flowered iron cage sipping our bloody mary and Arnold Palmer. Probably the most relaxing Saturday afternoon I’ve had all month.
I’ll be caring for JK’s plants again soon, this time for a couple of weeks, so stay tuned throughout the month for more gems from SoHo, NoLita, Chinatown…etc, etc.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago