Well, folks — it’s that time of year again. Post-Labor Day Gray with the wind and the rain is so abysmally dismal that we New Yorkers relish the craziness of New York Fashion Week (NYFW — sponsored in large part by Mercedes-Benz). For those on the inside it’s a whirl of craziness — shows and press and parties and networking and more shows and more press and everyone hoping they’ll be a tiny part of a huge success. For those on the outside it’s a whirl of glam and glitter. For me, it’s a bit of both.
This year NYFW kicks off with a bang with the 3rd Annual Fashion’s Night Out (FNO). FNO is a fantastic collaboration of designers and retailers, spearheaded largely by Anna Wintour in an attempt to revive a flailing economy and bring a little sparkle back to the shopping scene. This toast to the fashion industry includes retailers and pop-up shops that are open from 6pm-11pm, holding in-store giveaways, parties and promotions to provide an extraordinary shopping experience for the masses, and it’s coming this year on September 8th — tomorrow! I’ll be live-tweeting from such locations as Lord & Taylor, and the Standard Biergarten, so be sure to follow me for up-to-the-minute updates on all the happenings. Where will you be celebrating fashion this year? What will you be wearing? Plan your event route at FashionsNightOut.com — and share your outfit with me! Tweet it, email it, Facebook it for a chance to be featured here on StolenSays!
In anticipation of FNO 2011, here’s a visual recap of some things that happened last year at FNO 2010:
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 8 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 11 months ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 11 months ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago