Well. After months of waiting, a photo shoot to heighten the anticipation, teasers, an interview w/Justin Luke, and a few other promotional boosts, it’s finally here — Totally Tyler’s book!
Alright — it’s actually been available on Amazon.com for a couple of weeks already (they’re selling like hotcakes, so Amazon decided to do a flash sale on it!), and even though the official release party hasn’t been held yet, last week Single Edition Media threw a little soiree at Vintage in honor of the newly printed Your Boyfriend & Other Guys I’ve Kissed: The Tails of Totally Tyler. And — naturally — I attended.
Vintage is a spacious bar/restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen, on the SouthWest corner of 51st & 9th Avenue, with a cozy lounge area in front by the windows, a sprawling bar, and a vast dining area in back. Ok, not sprawling, and not vast, but for a bar in HK it’s a good-sized venue. It might have had something to do with it being a Wednesday night and the place being decently empty, but regardless, the event was intimate and fabulous. Tyler signed his book for me, and after a few hours of cavorting with Tyler (the author), SJ (the new Roomie), and David Bell (the cover artist), I took it home to have a read-aloud bedtime-storytime with SJ (the new Roomie).
And we stayed up far too late because we just could not put it down!
Ok, but seriously — why are you still here? Click on over to Amazon.com and get yourself a copy! It’s half-off at the moment, but won’t be forever, so seize the moment! And if you want to see what you’re getting yourself into you can certainly take a look at the first chapter, here. Enjoy! This is one read that will have you rolling on the floor in laughter one minute and pondering, chin in hand, the next. It’s refreshing to see that we’re not alone, that we’re not the first to feel this way when it comes to dating, growing up, building our lives, and finding who we are, and we won’t be the last.
Cover image courtesy of Totally Tyler, via David Bell.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago