Happy Hallowe’en! Oddly enough and much (I’m sure) to the chagrin of many, Hallowe’en falls on a Monday this year, so there were lots of pre-emptive parties this weekend. I’m actually making quite an assumption here, that despite the surprise snowstorm (complete with lightning and thunder) ladies and gents were able to hail a cab to the bar and get their sexy-kitten on. I haven’t yet gotten those Hunter Boots I’m coveting, so I opted for a less raucous event — carving pumpkins at Fifi & Himay’s w/SJ (the new roomie). Himay stuck with the traditional Jack-o-Lantern, while Fifi exercised her creative license and carved a hilariously accurate model of an Angry Bird! SJ & I teamed up for a more generic (but cute nonetheless) image, the Kitty-Bat.
Fun times, carving pumpkins, drinking Imperial Pumking Beer (like liquid pumpkin pie, I’m telling you — so good). One of my favorite parts is roasting the pumpkin seeds! Sprinkle them with a little seasoning salt and olive oil, roast them on a baking sheet for, what, like 10, 15 minutes? Makes a delightful little fall snack. Goes very well with the bloody marys Fifi & I draughted later.
What did you do to celebrate Hallowe’en this weekend? Who’s dressing up and trick-or-treating tonight? Hope to see some great costumes…
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago