New York — it’s fabulous, glittery, dark, intimidating, spectacular, and full of every type of person imaginable, from the one who fixes your shoes to the one who designs them. It is this multi-faceted-ness that Pic of the Week explores, each time focusing on a different snippet of New York City life. Sometimes these snippets get lost in the rush, the mayhem, the bustle — other times they’re right out in plain sight, paraded down Fifth Avenue. In any case, each is essential to life in this city of ours, and it’s here that each gets its 15 minutes of fame.
One of thousands of gaping holes in the sidewalk that lead down to the cellar of a restaurant, deli, or what have you. One of my biggest fears is making a slight misstep and tumbling headfirst into one of these. Luckily, it hasn’t happened yet — totally knocking on wood right now.
See more Pics of the Week on Facebook.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago