Stolen Says highlights the best of New York City from bar scenes to brunches. As fantastic and fun as all of that is, sometimes the best evenings are those spent in your own apartment with a couple of your closest friends, a bottle of wine, and delicious home-cooked meal.
This week’s Dinner w/Fifi & Himay is (drum roll, please): Beans & Franks!!
In the weeks when I had zero time for sleep, much less for blogging, Fifi & Himay and I still did our best to keep our weekly dinners varied and enticing. So, in the interest of mixing it up while keeping it simple I took our Superbowl Sunday leftovers and crafted that all-American favorite Pigs-in-a-Blanket. To retain some element of healthiness, Fifi sauteed some haricots verts the traditional way her mother taught her. Easy, delicious, and possibly the least time-consuming meal we’ve ever featured — we plated up, sat down in the living room, and realized we still had an hour before ModFam was on. Usually we’re rushing the appetizer while we wait for something to simmer on the stove or bake in the oven, and watch ModFam while running back and forth to the kitchen at commercial breaks. Not this time!
As for the recipe — it’s pretty straight forward. Hot Dogs (we opted for turkey instead of beef). Pillsbury crescent rolls. Wrap dogs in dough and pop into oven for about 12 minutes. Voila. The beans are one of Fifi’s Secrets, so I can’t give you directions for that but I can tell you there was some onion, some garlic, and some soy sauce involved.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 8 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 11 months ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 11 months ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago