Remember when D had his birthday party at Medieval Times in Lyndhurst, New Jersey? I still maintain that, as much as I love D, the only reason I indulged his crazy idea was because there was a rental bus to take us safely from Manhattan, to the theme park, and back. Again, it’s not that I have anything against Jersey, per se — it’s simply that I don’t know how to get there. But. There’s a first time for everything, right? Not too long ago, I discovered the secret to getting across that expanse of water known as the Hudson River to that mysterious land of turnpikes and malls and Situations galore. It was — as per usual — for someone’s birthday. Nor, this time. Our friends Aquee and Laura hosted an intimate gathering to celebrate the twenty-something anniversary of Nor’s birth, so Fifi & Himay and I took a train,
a plane, and a bus until we found ourselves in North Bergen, NJ.
Very calm, as you can see above — and there’s the fantastic view of our glittering isle. It was pretty awesome to see it from the other side, and be able to point out the Boat Basin Cafe, and Pier i Café. Also awesome was the board game we played called Spy Alley — a game in which you out your opponents as spies of various countries through logical deduction.
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 11 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 1 year ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 1 year ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago