Hi all —
You may have noticed a lack of fresh posts (or stale posts, for that matter) here on StolenSays over the past few weeks or so. Allow me to explain.
It’s actually quite simple – Tyler texted me when he got back from his book tour in Atlanta, asking how I’d been. I said something to the effect of “You know how when it rains, it pours? Pretty much in the middle of a hurricane.”
And it’s sort of true. I was telling my sister this afternoon that I love to think that I can do it all – but the truth is, sometimes we all need a break. Life can get overwhelming, and it takes all of our energy just to make it through a normal day – let alone one during which you get dumped, discover your cat has lymphoma, or hear the announcement that your division has been sold to another company. Not that all of this happened in one day, but it has seemed like one thing after the other. I have been trying my best to keep calm and carry on, but unfortunately, this little blog – which is such a great spot of sunshine in my life – has fallen by the wayside.
I won’t lie – it’s tough to juggle two jobs, a social life, and a daily lifestyle blog! But summer is here, and things are suddenly looking up. Sometimes all it takes is time. I have a few posts in the works of events recently passed – some, like Bach’s achievement as an up and coming designer, are too important to not share, but I’ll do my best to keep things moving and up-to-date.
It feels good to be back! Here’s to an exciting Stolen Says summer!
Follow me on:
- Trying to gather my things before the redeye back to ny, but, *where* are my @DerekLamNYC leopard print slipperrrsss?!? 8 months ago
- I am wearing a sweat*er*. And I am sweat*ing*. So I guess it's working. #sweaterweather 11 months ago
- RT @calvinstowell: Someone forgot to delete his tweets. twitter.com/govpencein/sta… 11 months ago
- Same. And then my phone pings: "Brunch?" twitter.com/motiankari/sta… 1 year ago
- RT @StyledByStolen: Woke up to an interesting realization abt how a particular color can pervade our life - check it out on my snap story:… 1 year ago